Cheddar and Chive Biscuits
Write a review
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Mix well. Add your cubed butter until your mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add your cheese and chives. Add your buttermilk and stir until moistened.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter or cooking spray. Drop dough by using a spoon about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown. Test by using a toothpick. If it comes out clean they are done.
- Serve with butter.
- Bon Appetit!
- You can substitute the chives for green onions and that's really good too.
Birdie's Kitchen https://www.birdieskitchen.net/